Cyclos version 4.4 released (milestone version)
We are happy to announce that the Cyclos version 4.4 has been released.
It can be downloaded from our license server.
Cyclos 4.4 has some nice new features and many improvements such as a Operators, NFC payments, OTP (one time password) and much more.
A complete list with all the new features can be viewed at the online newsletter.
When upgrading from version 4.3.x or lower to version 4.4.x or higher you must install the unaccent extension on the database. Go to the PostgreSQL command line and execute the following command as super user:
create extension unaccent;
For more information please check the documentation. See the paragraph upgrading Cyclos in chapter 1.1. Installation steps.
Existing Jelastic users can follow the following steps to update the instalation:
- Open your jelastic administration panel.
- Backup the cyclos.properties file (you can find it in the tomcat node configurations – wrench icon, in webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes).
- Make sure the cyclos.properties contains the following line: cyclos.header.remoteAddress = X-Forwarded-For
- In the "Installation manager" tab, upload a new one.
- Choose URL, then put http://www.cyclos.org/jelastic/cyclos-4.4.war in the URL field. Click upload.
- Click in the cyclos4.war installation, in the package box, then click on your environment.
- Leave the context field blank, as it will be installed in the root of the application server. Click Install.
- When the installation is ready, Open the database webadmin panel, after login click on the SQL link at the top right of the page. On the opened window select your database on the selection field, and on the text area put the following code: create extension unaccent; and click to execute.
- Go back to jelastic adminstration panel and open the tomcat node configuration again.
- Refresh the left pane if needed (green arrows icon).
- Select the webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/cyclos.properties file.
- Replace the entire contents with the contents you have backed-up in the second step, and save the file.
- Restart the tomcat nodes.
- Wait a few minutes. You can track the server log by expanding the Tomcat node, and clicking the log icon on it. You can find the log in /catalina/catalina.out (refresh the file every few seconds to see the progress).