Cyclos3.6 supports card and POS management and communication with POS (Point Of Sale) devices. The Card payment module allows the following operations:
- Consumer-to-business payments (POS at shops, restaurants / other businesses)
- Business operations (balance retrieval, transaction history, notifications/alerts, print daily transations list)
- Cash point operations (cash-in / cash-out)
The design will offer a secure, telco/bank independent and easy to implement solution. The client (POS) side will run as a small application with functions similar to the existing WebPOS. We are still investigating on the hardware (POS devices). Any help with this will be much appriciated.
The minimum specifications of the POS would be:
- Graphical display
- Thermal printer
- Identification: Magnetic (swipe) and EMV card slots.Optional: bar code reader, RFID
- Connectivity: Ethernet, GPRS/Edge/3G. Optional: wifi, dial-up modem
- Operating system with SDK (Development kit).Make sure the operating system has libraries to establish an https connection and use SOAP services over https. Optional: compliance with the UnfiedPos standard
If you can help/assist please send a mail at the contact page.